Saturday 3 January 2009

Personal challenges

It's useful to challenge your 'comfort zone' sometimes and set yourself projects. Or to go out with an idea in mind and see if you can meet it. Both these shots are composites, i.e the McD sign and the sunset and moon shots.

The sunset was taken from the comfort of my garden, the moon shot was taken at the same time as the McD's but not within the same frame. Having only a 300mm lens, I had to enlarge the moon shot a lot in Photshop, before I put them together.

It's worth taking shots for stock in fact, that might make a useful backdrop or foreground, sometime in the future. I shot the McD from several angles (despite the strange look of customers and assistants, lol!).

It's a very visual and well recognised symbol and would have a lot of impact I felt, with the right background. Then with some careful work in PS, put them together. Not to everyone's taste, I agree, but I like the finished product and I didn't even cost me any calories on the waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment